We dress millions of people and future generations to come.
For over 20 years we have been engaged in the retail sale of underwear, corsetry, lingerie, swimwear, clothing and accessories, becoming a leader in the market and always focusing on the well-being of our customers through the creation of durable and quality products.
We believe that the responsibility we put into every action and every innovation is decisive for sustainable growth in the medium term, today and always.
We are committed to the well-being of our customers through the creation of durable and quality products. We want our clothes to make those who wear them happy.
We are committed to making this possible and measurable by respecting people and objectives. We believe that the responsibility we put into every action and every innovation is decisive for sustainable growth in the medium term, today and always.
Corporate social responsibility
This is precisely why we strive to offer a working environment in which our employees can develop their potential and seek to create a participatory and honest dialogue with our stakeholders, ensuring the concrete achievement of the corporate and community good.
Yamamay in numbers
€ 229.5 mln
of training offered
indirect market based emissions
FSC certified paper for packaging
Discover the milestones in our corporate history !
We need to travel all the way to Japan to discover the roots of the name Yamamay. Here, enclosed in its ethereal beauty, shines a cocoon characterised by silver and crystalline reflections. Until its timid sparkle turns into magnificent wings and its green body is ready to take flight and enchant the world with its centuries-old beauty. Its name is Bombix Yamamay.
Today – as, we have been doing for more than 20 years now – we plan, design and develop collections of underwear to dress all types of women and ensure their well-being. The passion and love for what we do have allowed us to become a brand appreciated and loved by consumers all over the world.
- Inticom S.P.A. , sole owner of YAMAMAY, is founded
- First store opened in September 2001
- Opening of the first international store in Cyprus
- Yamamay is awarded the first "Franchisor of the year" in Italy
- Opening of the flagship store in Milan Corso Vittorio Emanuele
- Inauguration of the branch in Hangzhou (China) for sourcing and quality control activities
- Inauguration of Yamamay's new headquarters in Gallarate (VA)
- Jennifer Lopez signs a three-year license with Yamamay
- Yamamay becomes a sponsor and licensee of the +39 Team, participating in the Americas Cup in Valencia
- Launch of the Yamamay beauty brand
- Launch of the "Go Green" campaign in collaboration with AzzeroCO2, with the aim of reducing the carbon footprint
- The Cimmino and Carlino families take control of Inticom and a merger is completed
Capital, Capsule collection & Sport
- Intesa Sanpaolo acquires a 10% stake in the Group's share capital
- A capsule collection signed by Chiara Ferragni is launched. Yamamay becomes the first underwear brand to use an influencer for marketing.
- The Yamamay women's volleyball team wins the Italian Championship, the Italian Cup, the European CEV Cup and the Italian Super Cup
- Presentation of the "Yamamay Fashion Show" on SKY
- Yamamay launches SCULPT, a collection of shaping underwear produced using Sensitive fabrics
Joint venture, Brand ambassador
- Intesa Sanpaolo transfers its stake in Pianoforte to Melville, a joint-venture between intesa Sanpaolo and Neuberger Berman
- Launch of the women's lingerie collection designed in co-branding with Naomi Campbell, who becomes the new brand ambassador.
New collection & Art event
- Yamamay launches the "Yhome collection"
- Collaboration with Giovanni Gastel for an art event
New store concept
- Launch of the new "Yamamay beach" store concept
New city & sponsorship
- Opening of the flagship store in Dubai at the Marina Mall
- Signing of a sponsorship deal with Cristiano Ronaldo for the CR7 brand
Yamamay launched the first bra designed to assist women in the post-operative phase using the INNERGY technology
- NB leaves the Group
- Production of face masks with fabrics certified by the istituto superiore di sanità CE marked
- Yamamay is the first brand to organise a fundraiser to support the research departments of the hospitals: Sacco in Milan, Spallanzani in Rome and Federico II Polyclinic in Naples
Sustainability , Women
- Yamamay is the first swimwear brand to launch a capsule collection featuring a 100% recycled and recyclable polymer fabric, with a certification of eco design and circularity
- The board of directors provides for the inclusion of an independent female board member
- M.A.R.E. Project : We support One Ocean foundation and Centro Velico Caprera in the M.A.R.E project, born to monitor pollution from chemicals. and marine biodiversity, disseminating knowledge and awareness on important environmental issues.
- RS21 Cup Yamamay : We support sport in contact with the sea and nature, investing resources and energy to develop an environmental culture aimed at achieving the goals of the UN2030 agenda.
- Sponsor the Joba Beach Party : We sponsored the Jova Beach Party event, creating a dedicated capsule collection for the occasion
- Join the WHP Program: We have joined the WHP Program committing ourselves to build, through a participatory process and a perspective of social responsibility, a context that encourages the adoption of positive behaviors and choices for health.
Leading the effort of sustainability
- Join the UN Global Compact : Starting from 23 January 2023, we acceded to the social responsibility initiatives of the United Nations Global Impact (UNCG) and its ten principles relating to humans right, labour, environment and anti corruption
- Leaders of sustainability 2023: We are among the companies recognized as "Leader of Sustainability 2023" by II Sole 24 Ore and Statista
Yamamay’s presence in Italy and worldwide
Our headquarters are located in Gallarate, in the province of Varese, and we operate in 39 countries: a total of 628 stores, of which 489 in Italy. The digital sales network, instead, consists of 11 online shops and 10 marketplaces.
Middle East and Africa
United Arab Emirates
Central and Northern Europe
Eastern europe and northern asia